A few thoughts on a Friday about using mirrors in your decor.
I love when mirrors are hung over windows in bathrooms. The natural lighting is great and it creates such interest to the room. This very ornate pair of bone-inlaid wooden mirrors are just gorgeous. The industrial sconces contrast the mirrors nicely, while the bamboo vanity is the perfect compliment.
You can never go wrong with a fun, colorful mirror in a mostly neutral space. Try not to shy away from color or texture with your accessories. It can really dress up your walls.
Also, play with the placement of the mirror on the wall and consider all the options. One way to fill an entire wall is to hang the mirror horizontally like I did here in our Orange & Aqua Nursery. This IKEA mirror is also a good example of mixing high and low decor in your spaces to stay on budget.
Happy Weekend! It’s finally here!
Images 1 | 2 | 3
Welcome to your week! Another great entrance for you today, but the exterior lighting on this home is taking center stage over the doors. The Baxter Wall from Urban Electric Co. has a very clean and modern design. Isn’t it just fabulous?
The color combination of the Baxter Wall shown here is a Seashell White Powder Coat with Phillipsburg Blue and Clear Glass.
I am going to be sharing some other great choices when it comes to exterior lighting soon, so stay tuned! Have you used any lighting on your own exterior that you have loved?
If you live here in Dallas or if you are planning a visit, here are a few of my current favorite spots that you should consider trying!
1. FT-33 // A few items on the menu worth tasting: Lamb Tartare, Ricotta and Summer Squash Agnolotti, and the Goat Cheese Tart. I also love the restaurant’s restrained industrial design.
2. La Duni // This is the perfect neighborhood lunch spot. Make sure to order their Crispy Rice Salad.
3. Lucia // When you dine here, it feels like you are in a sleepy restaurant in Tuscany. The simple rustic design elements add to that feeling, but the real focus here is the delicious food. Try the Foie Gras Stuffed Prunes and the Gnocchi.
4. Velvet Taco // Their breakfast tacos are a weekend staple in our home. They are packed all hours of the day and night. Love the custom art of the front facade.
5. Victor Tangos // Favorite cocktail in Dallas: Victor Tangos’ French 75.
What are some of your favorite spots? I’d love for you to share!
Target has been known to partner with many great designers and these collaborations are always highly anticipated. Their most recent collaboration with FEED, which became available in stores and online on June 30th, is by far their most meaningful yet. They are hoping to be able to provide 10 million meals to Americans through this lifestyle collection. Each item has a number on it that signifies the amount of meals provided to children and families across America through your purchase of it. The line of goods has a very Americana feel and supporting this cause might be the perfect way to celebrate Independence Day this week.