If you live here in Dallas or if you are planning a visit, here are a few of my current favorite spots that you should consider trying!
1. FT-33 // A few items on the menu worth tasting: Lamb Tartare, Ricotta and Summer Squash Agnolotti, and the Goat Cheese Tart. I also love the restaurant’s restrained industrial design.
2. La Duni // This is the perfect neighborhood lunch spot. Make sure to order their Crispy Rice Salad.
3. Lucia // When you dine here, it feels like you are in a sleepy restaurant in Tuscany. The simple rustic design elements add to that feeling, but the real focus here is the delicious food. Try the Foie Gras Stuffed Prunes and the Gnocchi.
4. Velvet Taco // Their breakfast tacos are a weekend staple in our home. They are packed all hours of the day and night. Love the custom art of the front facade.
5. Victor Tangos // Favorite cocktail in Dallas: Victor Tangos’ French 75.
What are some of your favorite spots? I’d love for you to share!
It was a pleasant surprise to wake up to see our little Ryan’s nursery in the Dallas Morning News over the weekend! You can check it out here, if you would like.
And while I do love his nursery, I think it is safe to say he stole the show! I may be biased, but how could he not?!? Love that sweet boy of ours.
“Dallas design stands out because it is constantly experimenting with new design trends all the while managing to stay firmly planted in its traditional roots.”
For some of my thoughts on designing in Dallas and a few last minute holiday decor ideas, check out my interview on CultureMap Dallas! Thank you to the lovely Haley Schultheis for the fun article.
Have you thought about your holiday card yet? May I suggest one option that I promise you will not be disappointed with? Palm Papers. Lauren Chism is the owner and designer of this lovely Dallas stationery shop and she is as delightful as her designs. Everything she creates is eye-catching and fresh.
Lauren recently was honored with being one of Minted’s Holiday Top Ten for her Ombre design above. You can find more of her holiday cards and much more on Minted. She also designs custom cards and invites, which are sure to be the favorites of all your family and friends’ mailboxes this holiday season.
I also love Palm Papers for any special occasion. I’m a bit partial to the adorable baby announcement above.
The perfect choice for party invites.
A BABY-Q Baby Shower? Yes, please.
Palm Papers also has an elegant wedding collection that is sure to win you over.
I really do love this sweet stationery shop and I’m pretty sure you will too!
I was both delighted and honored to find out this week that two of Erin Sander Design’s projects were awarded at the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) DesignOvation Awards for Dallas for 2012! I am thrilled to be included with so many other incredible Interior Designers and ever grateful to be apart of the ASID and the Dallas Design Community.
The Orange and Aqua Nursery won First Place for Residential-Child’s Room, Small Child.
This Modern Dental Office won Second Place for Commercial- Health Care.
Is anyone else as excited as I am about this??? It opens in a month on May 5th and will be at the Dallas Arboretum until November 5th. I have a feeling it is something you will not want to miss! His other exhibits have been exquisite and it might be well worth a trip to Dallas to see this one.
Images via here